Financial risks are diverse and complex. We help clients develop or enhance their risk management functions to keep pace with their changing external environments and customer needs.
Risk management needs arise as organizations grapple with issues such as:
- What is your risk strategy and appetite?
- How is your business environment changing?
- What new financial market need are you trying to address?
- Are you equipped to identify, assess and manage the risks arising from your new activities?
- Can you protect your reputational capital in foreseen and unforeseen circumstances?
- What is my credit risk appetite?
- How do I measure credit risk? (expected loss)
- How do I manage credit risks? (provisions/credit reviews)
- How do I measure market risk for equity? (valuation)
- How do I mitigate market risk for equity? (fair value/ongoing reviews)
- How do the risk management principles relate to other systems such as accounting?
They key is to build on existing frameworks and processes in a way that you and your staff can implement and evolve. Each organization is unique, with its own culture, language, and priorities. Enhanced risk management helps elevate your game in a tailored, risk-appropriate way, with improved decision-making and governance.
Crystalus takes an integrated, staged approach with clients. We recognize that successful solutions require not only the right tools, procedures, policies and structural enhancements; they also depend on raised awareness, common understanding, and consistent application of risk practices.
Solutions vary from client to client, but typically involve some combination of operational enhancements including new/updated policies, procedures and processes. New committees and additional risk tools are often necessary as well. In all cases, these are implemented in an integrated manner, often staged according to strategic milestones. Key results are monitored and measured.
Just as important is the concurrent training/mentoring we provide to clients. Time and time again, clients call us back for hands-on, case-oriented, company-specific training workshops. These sessions ensure that staff is exceptionally well-positioned to immediately apply relevant concepts in their day-to-day work.
Get in touch
Let’s discuss how Crystalus can help you.